CHURCH OF THE ADIBING PRESENCE (PHOTOS)

A. R. Wentz Library
Lutheran Theological Seminary
66 Seminary Ridge
Gettysburg, PA 17325
 
 
CHURCH OF THE ABIDING PRESENCE
Seminary Chapel (Church of the Abiding Presence) (Built in 1942)
 
(Housed in Blueprint Cabinet in Historical)
(Photos in bottom of drawer listed first)
 
(List of larger photos +++)
(8/7/2001; rev. 12/16/2001, 6/15/2004)
 
1 original watercolor drawing of inside of chapel by Mel Gemmill (Architectural Illustrations,
      Chambersburg, Pa) (date?)
4 architect’s proposed drawings
2 posters of a proposed plan of chapel with library annex that were not used in
      final building (date approx. 1931)
1 smaller architect’s drawing
2 large mounted display panels of stained glass windows
4 prints of stained glass windows
10 interior shots of chapel (1943) by Kelley Studios, Hagerstown, MD
1 exterior photo of chapel (1943) by Kelley Studios, Hagerstown, MD
1 photo of exterior of chapel with Luther Statue on side (date?)
4 photos (1 outside, 1 inside, 1 inside with choir, 1 in a small chapel (?) with people (date?)
 
 
(Housed on top of 3 cabinets in Archives Office)
 
1 package of 4-color progressive proofs of linecuts for book “The Abiding
      Presence” (linecuts believed to have been disposed of (sold or destroyed) in 1999?)
      (not sure necessary to keep)