Who we are
Known as the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Gettysburg Seminary is a pioneering graduate and professional theological school of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, preparing outreach oriented pastors, mission leaders and public theologians for the 21st century church and world.
The seminary provides leaders and scholars with biblical, theological and practical insight in a robust integrative learning environment. Uniquely located at the historic crossroads of Seminary Ridge in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania (near the nation’s capital), its graduates go on to serve dynamic ministries in churches, social ministry and other public service settings around the world.
- an international faculty in a robust learning environment;
- strong scholarship support for students;
- a dynamic array of residential, intensive, hybrid and online course offerings;
- an award winning Seminary Ridge Museum interpreting the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg as it swirled through the campus, converted its building the largest fixed field hospital, and the struggle of the churches and slavery as the question tore a nation apart;
- the first LEED Certified building among Lutheran seminaries in America on one of the greenest campuses;
- an open and open minded intellectual life, habit of hospitality, and community minded place, Reconciling in Christ, intentionally;