Gettysburg Seminary's Certificate in Theological Studies is designed for any person desiring in depth and intensive study of theology, bible, history and the practice of ministry and those seeking academic components for ELCA Theological Education for Emerging Ministry (TEEM) process under the direction of their candidacy committee. More information on TEEM can be found at:
An overview of certificate study:
Congregational & Synodical Mission
Leadership for Mission
25 contact hours minimum per course of which normally 18-20 hours will be in class while 5-7 hours will be online both prior to and following the course.
- Each course will have a ROSE statement (syllabus) prepared and available ahead of time which could include pre-reading and assignments to be completed after the in-class portion of the course is completed. Normally assignments should be completed and submitted for grading within 6 weeks after the in-class portion of the course is completed. Grades are due 3 weeks after the deadline for the students to submit their work.
- Residential course websites, advance reading, follow up discussion with cohort group, etc.
- Final evaluations of the student’s work will be sent to the TEEM certificate director who will distribute them to the student, the candidacy committee, and the regional deployed staff.
- Internship and/or Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), LTSG field education office will work with candidates and synodical judicatory to provide appropriate context, supervision, evaluation
- Some candidates in the TEEM Certificate program may choose
- taking of degree course including on-line courses
- to petition to substitute some requirements with extensive work in other areas (upon recommendation of TEEM certificate director)
Outline of the days and times for Certificate courses:
The schedule is intensive; normally, they are scheduled in the following way:
January & September Courses:
- Wednesday/ 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday & Friday/ 8:30-11:30 a.m.; 1:30-4:00 p.m.; 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday/ 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Course A: Sunday 5:45-6:45 p.m.; Monday-Friday 8:30-11:45 a.m.; Saturday 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Course B: Sunday 7:00-8:00 p.m.; Monday-Friday 1:30-4:45 p.m.; Saturday 9:45-10:45 a.m.
- Course C: Sunday 8:15-9:15 p.m.; Monday-Friday 6:15-9:30 p.m.; Saturday 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
**See detailed schedule of course titles for 2012-2015 to the left in the box
Tuition is $750 per course. Additional costs for room, board, and miscellaneous fees apply. Contact Katie Dodds in the Office of Field Education for this information.
Students must register each time for a class-see registration form in box at left.
Questions can be directed to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1800MLUTHER ext 2103.