Gettysburg offers and is accredited to deliver residential, online, hybrid and intensive courses.
In the fall of 2013, Gettysburg's Mark Vitalis Hoffman offered the first MOOC (Massive, open, online course) by a Lutheran seminary in the U.S. entitled "Survey of the Lands of the Bible," which was repeated in the fall of 2014. Online courses have been offered for credit in Bible, Greek, Lutheran Confessions, Religion and Media, Eco theology and more.
For information about student use of course management issues, see Moodlerooms Page
Fall 2015 MOOC begins September 5, 2015
- Go to: http://selectlearning.fishersnet.net/
- Click on the Survey of the Lands of the Bible 2015 course.
- Create a new account (free) and follow the directions to enroll in the class.
- 2015 Bible Lands MOOC Brochure
- Free, online class with weekly work throughout the fall, 2015
- Do as much or as little as you want
- Weekly videos, discussions, readings, and exercises
- Bible Overview Quick Facts Sheet
- Course textbook (It is completely optional whether you get the book or not. It is a wonderful resource that is reasonably priced):
Crossway ESV Bible Atlas by John D. Currid and David P. Barrett
- Buy at Amazon (NOTE: use of this link does not affect the cost of the book to you and does provide a small commission to LTSG)
- Also available at Gettysburg Seminary bookstore